Re: [TCLUG:9980] df problems

>Tried LPRng? I installed it on the recommendation of a friend and back
>when I had a functioning printer, it worked very well. Zip over to
>freshmeat to grab it, I think it's worth a try.
        back when I was seriously wrestling with lpr, i thought about it. a
friend of mine tried it out at his organization; but apparently ended up
going back to lpr in the end.
        right now, things seem to work reasonably well. nothing broken to
the point where it's in need of immediate fixing. however, it does still nag
at me occasionally, that things could be easier to manage.
        lpr is decidedly *not* newbie-friendly.
        actually, if I had a few more printers to manage, I'd seriously look
at EasySpooler (www.easyspooler.com). their demo at HPWorld really impressed
me with its ease of use and ease of management. it's $200 a license, tho;
and last I knew, it was a minimum of 6 licenses (one per printer). it's more
of an enterprise-level printing solution.

Carl Soderstrom.
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com	(612) 682-1091