Re: [TCLUG:10009] CHEAP PCs: 486DX33, anyone?

>harvested before it left the shop (sorry, no better word for it). It has
>no processor, no memory. Anyone have a spare 486DX/33 laying around?
        actually I do. I got a box at gov't auction w/ a 486/33; which will
run DOS fine; but Linux and OpenBSD crap out trying to boot on it.
(instruction fault problems make the kernels panic). I've tried a couple of
different processors in it, with the same results; so I think the chipset
may be part of the problem. you're welcome to it if you like.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com	(612) 682-1091