REDHAT 6.1 <arrgggh>

<== Be advised that the following is a rant.  It has no redeeming social
value or technical information ==>

I just spent all DAY trying to install RH 6.1 on one of my 486s.  Since
they don't have CDROMS and I didn't feel like making up 23 floppies to do
a base Slack7 install, I was going for an FTP install.  This has worked
great in the past with Mandrake 6.1...  And Mandrake is just a spiffed up
RH, right???

WRONG!!!!!!  Every time I would get to the part about selecting packages,
it would choke.  I know the net was working, 'cause that's how it loads
the whole second phase of the installation process.  But when it came time
to actually select packages, an error message would pop up with complete
gibberish.  Very frustarating.

I tried different machines, different network cards (illogical, I know.  I
was desperate) and different drives.  Finally, I tried RH 6.0.  Worked
like a charm.  Yet another wonderful "update" from 6.1.

If it weren't free, I'd demand my money back.

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"
	-- The Matrix