Printing man pages

I would like to be able to print out a man page or two for some quiet
reading by the fire.  Unfortunately, the are printed in some sort of
markup language.  As near as I can tell from the config files and other
man pages, it's something designed for groff.  So, thinking quickly, I
tried to use groff to format them for postscript, which my printer will
support.  No dice.  Came out rather... funky.  Does anyone know a good way
to do this?  I would prefer to be able to print with mpage or something
similar so I don't run off 20 pages of text.

Ben

--
"There is no spoon"
	-- The Matrix