Re: [TCLUG:10032] REDHAT 6.1 <arrgggh>

>Run 'sndconfig' as root. Should auto-detect your sound.  :)
        ok. will do. it was 1:00am when I finally went to bed so I wasn't in
the mood for trying too much. :)

actually, the part that really bugged me (I guess I just put it out of my
mind when griping before); was the disk partitioning.
        trying to partition a bare drive (brand new); the partitioner
refused to make the first partition. would always say 'allocation failed' or
something like that.
        so i booted w/ a tomsrtbt disk; and command-line fdisk'ed it. then
booted the RH install again. thing is, the partition I had made, would show
up as about half the size i had set before. I made a 10MB partition; and RH
recognized it as 4MB. a 200MB partition showed up as 98MB. if i deleted this
partition; the RH partitioner would again refuse to build a first partition
on the disk; still giving no useful error message. ;(

anyone know what happened there?

Carl.