local CDDB info

Ok, another quickie...

I have tried lots of CD player apps. I much prefer a GUI for this kind of
app, as opposed to CLI or a Window Maker dockapp (I have wmcd but it doesn't
really fit the bill).

Today I downloaded gcd and it's SO close to what I want--it actually allows
programming tracks in the order you want, and when on shuffle it will go
through the whole list BEFORE repeating tracks (take note, kscd authors!).
But as for CDDB info, it only handles this remotely. I have lots stored in
/usr/local/cddb, which is how I decided to do it long ago, as I'm on dialup
and getting track info remotely is unwieldy for me.

Any way to implement a local CDDB 'server' and tell programs like gcd that
only handle remote CDDB stuff to just point to localhost? Other ideas?

Cheers,

Joel

Joel A. Koepp <jkoepp@atlas.socsci.umn.edu>	University of Minnesota
77 Bedford St. SE, Apt. 2			Department of Geography
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3553			M.A. Program
Tel: 612.378.4812				PGP/GPG keys on req.