ftp on Mediaone

Is anyone else having trouble using ftp on MediaOne's cable modem service
from a Linux box?  Strangely, ftp works from my RedHat 5.2 system, but not
from a 6.0 or 6.1 system.

What I'm seeing is an "Illegal PORT Command" error:
	> SOS:sos=> ftp skypoint.com
	> Connected to skypoint.com.
	> 220-Welcome to SkyPoint
	> 331 Guest login ok, send your complete e-mail address as password.
	> 230 Guest login ok, access restrictions apply.
	> Remote system type is UNIX.
	> Using binary mode to transfer files.
	> ftp> ls -l
	> 500 Illegal PORT Command
	> ftp: bind: Address already in use
	> ftp> quit

Anyone got a cure for this that doesn't involve my running RH5.2?

thanks much'idly,

     /|   | Quote of the day:                 |
  \'o.O'  |  "Linux-- because rebooting is    |  Steve Siegfried
  =(___)= |   for adding hardware"            |  sos@skypoint.com
     U    |     - Billy Wheeler               |