Re: [TCLUG:10063] ISO copyrights (was:RedHat/Sparc mirror)

>> > I can burn a RedHat official CD and give it away freely right?
>> Of course.  You can even charge the same thing RedHat does.  RedHat
>> doesn't have any more rights to the intellectual property on that disc
>> than you do.
>>
>> The wonders of GPL...
>Couldn't you charge as much as you want? (Not that anyone would *buy* it
>from you, but theoretically...)
        the software on the CD may be free; but is the ISO image itself
copylefted? OpenBSD has a policy of not providing ISOs of its CD; partly
because the 'image layout' is copyrighted by Theo DeRaadt (the maintainer).
if you want to produce your own ISO of OpenBSD, you can; but you have to
make it yourself, you can't just dd Theo's image.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com	(612) 682-1091