IP Routing question

On Tue, Nov 16, 1999 Ben Kochie wrote:

> also.. what is
> cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

And that was it.  Thanks to all who came up with that and other
suggestions.  Despite having wasted a night messing that that, I can at
least take solice in having almost guessed a solution:

I previously wrote:

> > GUESSES:
> >
> > Perhaps I need something to tell cerberus it's ok to connect the two?
> > Soemthing in the forward rule? A 1 written to a file in /proc? A blood
> > sacrifice?

For future reference where might I have found that documented?  I was
trusting O'Reilly's _TCP Network administration_ which does everything on
both Solaris and Linux (Slackware).  I'm surprised they didn't mention it
9or I didn't see it).

Again, thanks to all.

--
Ry4an Brase - http://ry4an.org - 612-623-9946                     /~\
'If you're not a rebel when you're 20 you've got no heart; if     \ /