DSL Modems

I have an internal cisco 605 cable modem.  I am using this in conjunction with the USWest's MegaBit DSL service.  It has come to my attention that this cable modem is not compatable with Linux.  I know that there is an external 675 unit that I can get from USWest but it is about $300.  Does anyone know if I can buy these modem from some other source.  I would like one that is Linux compatable, but $300 seems a little steep.

Thank You!
Brian R. Barnholtz
bbarnholtz@uswest.net