Re: DSL

> I would go with an alternative all the way, except for the fact
> I'm too far from the local switch (by around 600-700 feet, and
> USWest still refuses to try it).. I do like getting 384k both
> directions with Onvoy (not as advertised :) for $60/mo including
> the phone line and internet service.. that pricing really isn't
> THAT horrible, when you consider you pay $20 (or $30 for decent
> service) above your phone bill with USWest, plus internet
> service..

i have to say i'm very happy with my service through Flashcom. i pay 39.95 a
month for 416k/208k ADSL, free install, free setup, and free 3com SDSL modem
w/ a one year signup. that includes both the DSL service and ISP. i can
upgrade or move service for 100 bucks. 784/392 for 79.95, if only i had a
roomate to share the $$ with :). my only complaint is that NorthPoint is
their carrier for DSL, and their tech support is rather bad.

kyle