Re: [TCLUG:10348] Truetype fonts under X 3.3.5

On Nov 22, 1999, Yaron <jethro@yaron.org> wrote:

> I hve, in the past, used external X Font servers in order to get truetype
> fonts under X, but I was under the impression that X 3.3.5 could handle
> hem nativly through it's xfs process. I can't see anything about that in
> the manpages though. Anyone know if it should have Truetype support, or if
> I have to wait till X 4.0? I don't know how well an external X Font server
> will work in addition to the regular xfs...

Sure!  You can use xfs and xfstt at the same time.  I'm using them both
on this (Debian potato) machine, and they work fine.  It'd look even
better if I'd bother to tweak it some.  (Eh, too much trouble.)  Here's
the HOWTO I followed, but it's applicable to more than just Debian:

http://www.dimensional.com/~bgiles/debian-tt.html

Good luck!
John