Re: [TCLUG:10371] SMP and Adaptec 2940

>like I said, the machine works flawlessly, and then I recompile the
>kernel and only add SMP support and I get SCSI bus resets and timeouts
>during boot.  It won't get past that.
>
>I even went so far as to grab the bleeding-edge 2.3.9 kernel and try
>that.  Same results.
        I think there was a thread on Linux-kernel a few weeks ago (about
2.3.18 era, I think) about problems with IDE RAID and SMP machines, with
stable-series kernels. this may be related; or I may be clueless. (probably
the latter).
        why only the 2.3.9 devel kernel? I think they're up to 2.3.25+ now.

        what happens if you run w/o SCSI support? just build a boot/root
disk w/ an SMP kernel and some CPU/system tools. (or is that not a
reasonable option?)

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN