Re: [TCLUG:10371] SMP and Adaptec 2940

Nate,

Thanks for your response.  2.2.13 is what came with smackware 7.  I'm
downloading 2.3.28 now...stupid kernel version numbers ;)  I always get
confused: .9 > .28, however 28 > 9...

Carl, thank you too.  I was going to try your suggestion next and see if
I can get ANYTHING to work with SMP :)  I have another non-adaptec
<cringe> scsi card that I can try as well.  If it works, I may just
stick with it.  This is my new mailserver however, and I'd like to set
some record uptimes with it (old bilbo pulled 377 days before I had to
do a major kernel upgrade).  People don't like it when e-mails down.

I'll try a few more things and get back to you guys.

Thanks