Re: [TCLUG:10598] running Mozilla

On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Scott wrote:

> On Mon, 29 Nov 1999, Timothy Wilson wrote:
>
> > I think I've tried all of the binaries I can find and have come up empty?
> > Anybody running M11 and have it working?
>
>      Actually I just ran the binary called 'mozilla' and it
> fired right up.  It's still rather bloated, slow, and
> generally crappy to use, but it doesn't segfault right away
> on suse 6.2 at least.

That's right.  A simple ./mozilla will run it.

It's still got the debugging code and other development stuff in it, so
don't expect a finished quality experience.  Keep the console window
minimized that help help with the speed some.

M12 should be the real alpha, so you should see some major improvements
then.

Let me know if it works for you.  Lately they broke the next button in the
profile dialog that you need to complete to run mozilla the first time.

-Brent