From: Ben Kochie [mailto:ben@nerp.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 8:12 AM
To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org
Subject: [TCLUG:10621] Linux Network BOOT rom's

I'm looking at replacing about a dozen or so wyse terminals with a bunch
of linux systems.. (moving buildings, want to shed all the terminal server
equipment)  I have been looking into using NILO, or EtherBoot, or some
other kind of network boot rom to boot the systems diskless. (going to be
386/486's)

Has anyone done anything like this before, or has done EEProm
burning.  I'd like to avoid having to buy my own EEProm burner, but I will
if necessary.  also, if anyone knows a good source for 32k EEProms for
doing this kind of thing.

I really wish I could find an ISA NIC that has an NVRam built in for
uploading boot ROM images.  even if i have to use a win95 utility to do
it. :)

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)