From: Nate Carlson [mailto:natecars@real-time.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 30, 1999 10:56 AM
To: 'tclug-list@mn-linux.org'
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:10633] strange errors in messages file

It either means that your hard drive is going out, or that drive timeouts
are off (or something like that). Is hdb a hard drive or a cdrom? If it is
a cdrom, try moving it to the secondary IDE channel, and see if the
problem is resolved. Also, what kernel are you running? Some IDE problems
were fixed in more recent 2.2.x kernels.