Re: [TCLUG:10643] STMP/Pop3 setup

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, McNitt, Jennifer wrote:

> Are their any good web sites, books, etc. that I could used to figure how to
> to setup Pop3 and STMP with RedHat 6.1?

     http://kernelnotes.org/ has links to the various
howto's, some of which are actually up to date.  Mail is
fairly easy to set up, for smtp use something like sendmail,
qmail, or postfix (postfix rocks, imho).  For pop3 access,
look for a package on your cd's called popper, qpopper, or
just plain pop.
     The only thing you'll really need to config is your
smtp daemon, which varies in difficulty based on which
program you use.  The consensus seems to be that Sendmail is
the most cryptic, and postfix is the most straightforward.
Use whichever you have easier access to support for, though
I definitely suggest postfix since it's incredibly easy to
use.  Not sure if it ships with RH though, might have to
snag it off freshmeat.net.

Scott
--
The sweet things don't stick around but the bullshit lasts forever.
 -Nicole Blackman