Re: [TCLUG:8872] more fun with multiple nics

If ifconfig shows both ethernet cards (eth0 and eth1), it means that the
driver has already been loaded for each card. Are you positive that there
is actually a link on the other end of the card that isn't lighting up?
I've had that problem WAY to many times.  :)  If that isn't the case,
though, try running dmesg | grep eth and see if it says anything about a
link error on the card. Usually, when a link won't light up for me, it's
either a problem detecting which transceiver on the card to use (which can
be forced as a module option, or you can recompile tulip to force it), or
there is no cable connection, or the card is bad.

----
Nate Carlson
the infinite loop
natecars@infiniteloop.com