converting uppercase to lowercase

        I have a directory tree full of files; the filenames are all in
uppercase.
        I wish all the filenames to be lowercase
        I have a perl script (named mklc) that will convert uppercase to
lowercase filenames:

#!/usr/bin/perl
foreach $filename(@ARGV) {
        $newfilename = lc($filename);
        print "$filename -> $newfilename\n";
        rename ($filename, $newfilename);
        }

        how do I make it recurse the entire tree, tho; and convert the
filenames?
        I tried 'find . -depth| mklc ' and 'find . -depth| mklc * ' but it
gives me a 'broken pipe' error both times. so obviously the output is not
getting from 'find' to 'mklc'.
        I don't know perl very well (the script was written with the help of
ppl on this list); and I forget what the '(@ARGV)' means. I think it's an
array made from stdin; but don't really have a clue.

        where am I going wrong?

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN