Re: [TCLUG:8945] Installfest was great

> On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Phil Plumbo wrote:
>
> > Thanks to you and everyone that helped out for a great time on Saturday, it
> > was most enjoyable. I met a few new people, learned a few new things, and
> > saw a lot of people intently doing what they enjoy. Plus it sure beats
> > cleaning out the garage.
>
> I'll second that, even though I don't have a garage. Thanks Clay! :)
>
> One thing I wonder: did Chris Cournelle (sp? Math dept. at UMN) get his
> monitor happy under X? I had to leave before we finished with it.
>
> -- Chris

Thanks for your concern.  I'm still looking at various modelines to
try, and have not had much time to do so.  One fragmentary note claims
Radius bought a bunch of GDB-1950s and then modified them.  Oh boy.  :^)

Thanks for everyone's help.  It's a real thrill to have my home machine
under linux even without X.

One thing about Installfest.  OK, two things.  It would have been good
to have some free-standing signs with arrows pointing to the signup sheet,
or perhaps a designated "meeter and greeter" to deal with the clueless
(like me) and get them oriented.  Also, some information on parking would
have been good, upfront.  These are just organizational issues - otherwise
everyone was super.

Adios,
Chris
--