Re: [TCLUG:8991] Remote X from Windows

>What do you need to do in order to enable remote X working on a Linux
>box?  I have StarNet on my NT box and I would like to use it in
>conjunction with my Linux server.  Everywhere else I have been, the
>Solaris sysadmins have been there before me and done the grunt work to
>get StarNet/Exceed to work in a Unix environment. I remember a past
>discussion on this and it involved setting permissions for remote
>attachment and the like.  I looked at the archives but could not find
>the thread.
        VNC is what I use for running my Linux servers over the network.
(http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/) it's a bit poky for use over dialup;
but over 10b-T it works pretty well on Linux boxen. (it's also available for
Windows, but doesn't work quite as well. it's more sluggish).
        not quite as fast as LapLink or GoGlobal or Citrix; but neither does
it cost as much. :) (it's free).

>All that is Microsoft does not glitter,
>Not all those who wander are lost;
>The old AT&T Unix that is strong does not wither,
>Deep roots are not reached by frost.
>
>From the ashes of Spec1170 a fire shall be woken,
>A light from the shadows shall spring;
>Renewed shall be the Unix OS that was broken,
>Linux shall be king.
        I love this. :) very cool. :)

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.