Re: [TCLUG:9058] Shutdown via user (not root)

There are two "shutdown" commands.  One's a link to /usr/bin/consolehelper
the other's the real shutdown command.

Remove the symbolic link at /usr/bin/shutdown and users won't be able to
run shutdown.

Note: the RPM package "usermode" contains /usr/bin/{shutdown,consolehelper)
as well as:
	userinfo  - graphical version of chfn
	usermount - graphical version of mount
	userpasswd- graphical version of passwd
	userhelper- graphical interface to pam

If you're concerned about this kind of stuff, you might want to uninstall
the entire usermode RPM.

-sos@skypoint.com