[TCLUG:9143] DSL woes: other starngeness

Thank you all for the help so far.  Right now It seems like it all could be
working.  Initially when I start Linux and type ifconfig  I get an UP
respose from the card, and loopback.  Then I get a message that pops up
saying that Linux could not authenticate an address with the DHCP server
(or something along those lines.  Then I type ifconfig, and only the
loopback message comes up.  DHCP works fine with windows, what would be
keeping it from working with Linux?

Thanks again
-nate
Nathaniel Moore (nmoore@pressenter.com)
Computer Science major U of MN
few things are funnier than when monkeys
get ahold of some pies...