Mesa/OpenGL/xlockmore slowness/weirdness

  Hi,

Ok, I have recently upgraded from Red Hat 5.0 to 6.1. My 5.0 was pretty
much heavily upgraded, but I figured, what the hell.

Anyway, I had copied over my old xlockmore binary to tide me over until I
recompile it (didn't want the default one because it doesn't have the
opengl modes).

The problem is, when I compile it now, the opengl modes are WAY slower.

I'm using the same Riva X server, same version of Mesa (3.0, 3.1 beta
did't make a difference, my own compile or from RPMs).

The preinstalled xscreensaver is also consideably slower than my old
binaries.

Anyone have any idea what I'm missing?

-Yaron