Re: [TCLUG:9152] sendmail question

schewe@tcfreenet.org wrote:
> I was poking around my config again and I noticed that I had to set DS
> to a mail server under some conditions and I don't remember why.  I
> just tried setting it to null and I'm still able to send mail, so can
> someone please explain when this is needed again?

I'm no sendmail expert but from what I've read sendmail uses the DS
entry as a "smart relay".  Basically anything that can't be delivered
locally will get sent to the host specified after the DS entry.  You
might check your mail logs to see if the messages are still queued
waiting to be sent (since you nulled out the DS entry).  Not sure this
helps, again I'm not a sendmail god.

-scot