Re: [TCLUG:9185] procmail

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999, Luke Francl wrote:

> But here's the basics.
>
> First, create a .forward file with this text:
> "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/local/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #<USERNAME>

I could be wrong about this, so please correct me if so...but I think this
.forward file is only necessary if your local sendmail process is not
configured to look for procmail. I seem to recall a line in my sendmail.cf
looking like 'local(procmail)' or something like that. I don't have a
.forward and procmail works spiffy for me. But this all may be
specific to using fetchmail to get remote mail and then passing it along
to sendmail for local delivery. Perhaps you need that file for a mailer
that gets remote mail on its own and puts it in ~/Mail/Inbox instead of
/var/spool/mail/<username>.

Joel