Unsent Message Returned to Sender

Notice to Sender
================

This message was received by this installation but could not be
delivered to its intended cc:Mail recipient(s).

  Original subject: Re: [TCLUG:9215] bash config files on Slackware

Intended recipient(s) who DID NOT receive this message:

  kyle.johnson..@ccmail.reliastar.com

The following cc:Mail error(s) were recorded:

  ***  Message recipient is unknown  ***

-------- Original Message Text --------
On 16 Oct, Ben Beuchler wrote:
> Second, I'm getting some strange environment settings of which I cannot find
> the source (some aliases and environment variables like PS1).  They are not set
> in /etc/profile or my .bashrc and .bash_profile doesn't even exist!

PS1 is the variable that determines what the prompt looks like.  It
should always be set to something weather you set it or not.

> Are there any other files that are executed at the start up of bash that could
> be messing things up?  I've even tried switching to /etc and running "grep
> alias *" and haven't found the offending scripts...

Try looking in ~/.bash_login, ~/.bash_profile too.
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe