Re: [TCLUG:9231] Observations and a non-Linux question

"Bad Things" can happen at any time, remember, every step up in
overclocking reduces the usable life time of your CPU, because you are
increasing the temperature of the chip, and also you can have other bad
things like electrons jumping across the surface of the silcone.. (i
belive it's called electron drift)  best thing you can do is to monitor
the temperatore of your CPU.  they sell indoor/outdoor digital temp
sensors at radio shack for < $15.  might be a good idea.. (i have been
meening to get one to monitor my hard drives.. it sounds like you have a
slightly older motherbaord, and probably don't have an lmsensors chip
onboard, to monitor fans and temps.

Thank You,
        Ben Kochie (ben@nerp.net)