Re: [TCLUG:9256] print server concepts

>I have not used multiple printers connected to the same print server
>under Linux, however the LPRng docs do cover that, and yes, each printer
>has its own queue, and also its own printcap entry, so that, for
>example, I can run one set of filters for my PostScript printer and
>another for my PCL printer.
        one of the cool and non-obvious things you can do is set up multiple
print queues for the same printer. this way you can muck with changing print
filters, without affecting your (otherwise working) print queues.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com	(612) 682-1091