Re: [TCLUG:9287] Personal recommendations for a laptop running linux?

>Any personal recommendations for a laptop running linux?
>
>I want complete support of video and sound. Plus high rez under X.
        I personally wouldn't buy anything but an IBM or a Panasonic
Toughbook. (tho thos Vaios are kind of sexy and I hear the case is
magnesium). I see loads of laptops abused in all kinds of ways you wouldn't
imagine (they get taken into cattle barns), and the IBMs seem to hold up
better than the others. (and I like the pointing device a lot more than a
touchpad.)
        If I were to buy a new laptop right now, I'd probably go for an IBM
i-series.
        we get our laptops at work here, used; bought (mostly) from Data
Sales Corp in the 'cities. some work when we get them, some don't. they do
give a 30-day warranty on them, tho. caveat emptor.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com	(612) 682-1091