Re: [TCLUG:9335] Local Linux training resources

>I would think that for most subjects, a generic "Unix" class
>would be adequate.  For system administration, probably not.
>Linux on a PC has its peculiarities.
        I took a generic UNIX class in college; am very glad I did. learned
how really cool UNIX is, there; and got to play on a couple of Sun boxen.
        didn't remember a lot from the class when I started working on
Linux; but the textbook was useful for getting over the first few humps
(commands like ln, who, ps, kill, wc, cat, less, vi).
        after that I'm either self-taught or SCALUG/TCLUG taught. :) (which
seems to be the case for a lot of Linux people). I still have a whole world
to learn, tho. :)

Carl Soderstrom

System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN