Re: [TCLUG:9340] Weirdness

On Thu, 21 Oct 1999, Christopher Palmer wrote:

> Oct 19 02:36:48 george snmpd: Connection from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
> Oct 19 03:01:51 george -- MARK --
> Oct 19 03:21:51 george -- MARK --
> Oct 19 03:41:51 george -- MARK --
> Oct 19 04:01:51 george -- MARK --
> ===
>
> Does anyone know what '-- MARK --' means?

I asked this question a few months ago about my box. I believe it's just
Slackware-ese (Strange on Mandrake -- that's RH based, right?). Here's a
snippet from my log:

Oct 21 10:12:36 tau-zero -- MARK --
Oct 21 10:32:36 tau-zero -- MARK --
Oct 21 10:52:36 tau-zero -- MARK --

I think it's just that -- a mark. 20 Minutes have gone by, so it's time to
let you know the machine is still alive or something.

I doubt it has anything to do with your troubles.

Luke