RE: [TCLUG:9401] Cisco 675 questions

Thanks Jer and Andy, for the responses and info. I'm going to borrow a hub
from work and try this out tonight.

Jeremy wrote:

>NAT is "Network Address Translation" and serves fundamentally the same
>purpose as IP Masquerading.  You lose, of course, if you want to provide
>external services via this configuration, because none of your boxes other
>than the Cisco router have a "real" IP address.

Pooh. So I won't be able to ftp into my home box from work. What do I have
to do to be able to do this - switch ISPs?

I recall an earlier post here someone suggesting setting the Cisco to
bridging mode and having the Linux box get the IP address, and have it do
gatewaying for the internal network, but don't feel comfortable doing
anything like that until I have a better understanding of what I am doing.

Phil