Re: [TCLUG:9430] Novell Border Manager and Linux

Troy Johnson wrote:
> Yes, it can be done, but the client you are talking about is probably a
> closed version of IP Masqing AFAIK. Border Manager has some NAT
> capabilities, as well as proxying. I know this because I was given a NAT
> address behind a NetWare 4.11 server for my Linux client, and this was a
> year ago, and it was with the "free" and beta portions of Border Manager
> (and they usually don't give you less when you start paying money). I
> really can't imaging it being too difficult to set up (I saw how it was
> done), so the admin might be bamboozeling her (for whatever reason), or
> just too busy. It is tempting to say "it can't be done" when you don't
> know and you don't have time, but it can kill your credibility.

That is unless the thing that cannot be done is giving a Linux client
Internet access without binding IP to the LAN side NIC. If they are a
IPX only LAN (and want to stay that way), then it may be a more
difficult question. If this is the case, it is unfortunate (for them,
not most people) that Novell is going IP.

Troy