Re: [TCLUG:9544] Compiling the kernel -- AS86 ??

>KM >On redhat 6.1 as86 is part of the dev86-0.14.9-1 RPM
>
>And on debian, it is called bin86-<version>.deb.  You also want
>binutils.
        under RH 6.0, it's called binutils; which caused me no end of
headaches when I ran across this problem on my RH6.1 box. rpmfind said as86
was in binutils; but there's no binutils under 6.1! I ended up installing
binutils from 6.0.

        what rpm *really* needs (and it may be possible, I just don't know
it yet), is a way to query which *uninstalled* package owns a given utility.
rpmfind will do that; but what if I don't have a net connection? and we've
already seen that their dbase can be out of date.
        what I want to do is go to the RPMS directory on the CD, and query
all the packages for the utility I want. I think 'rpm -qpl *|grep
<utilname>' might do it; but there should be a simpler (and faster) way to
do it.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN