Re: [TCLUG:9571] External CDR Help

On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, dan wrote:

> I have been trying to get my parallel HP CD-Writer Plus 7200e recognized
> in Mandrake 6.1. I have the kernel compiled for scsi modules. When I go
> into one of the cd burning front ends, it wont recognize it.
> The CD-Writing HOWTO doesn't even cover parallel ports. Does anyone know
> where there is something on the net to help, or if someone has run into
> the same problem?

Hi Dan,

I'm not sure which modules you compiled in your kernel, but you need to
compile your kernel with SCSI emulation. IIRC, you need to include support
for SCSI emulation, generic SCSI support, and disable IDE CD-ROM support.
Then your CD devices will appear to be SCSI and your burning utilities
should work. Good luck.

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/