Re: [TCLUG:8061] routing problems...

On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Kyle W Johnson wrote:

> I have a small network 192.168.1.0/24, with two RH 6.0 boxes, and
> a Win98 box.  /etc/host/ files in place, and everything.  My
> problem is when I try to initiate a telnet session from 98 to a
> Linux box, 98 tries to dial up my ISP first.  I cancel out of the
> dial-up connection, and then its fine.  I have checked all routing
> tables, and r&r'd my tcp/ip stack on 98, and still no luck.  Any
> suggestions???

Try running internet connection wizard.  Choose LAN instead of dialup.
when you need to dial out w/your Win98 box, do it manually.

Later!

    ^chewie

| Chad Walstrom           mailto:chewie@wookimus.net |
| ICQ: 9985127           http://wookimus.net/~chewie |
 Need a new truck?  Check out my '97 Explorer 2-door
   Sport at http://wookimus.net/~chewie/truck.html