Re: [TCLUG:8080] Lotus Notes ported to Linux

> > Good morning everyone,
>
>  http://www.notes.net/welcome.nsf
>

>As you can see, Lotus Notes is available to try on Linux.  Has anyone done
>this and is it of
>interest to the Linux community in general?

It is not the Lotus Notes client, but the Domino/Notes server.  It means you
can now run your messaging system on Linux.  However, it still shuts Linux
out on the desktop because you cannot access your mail in an organization
that relies on Notes.

Yes, I realize that Notes can imitate a POP3 server, however, organizations
for whatever reasons shut that option off.

Lotus has stated that they have no plans to release a Notes client.
Hopefully this view changes as Linux increase momentum.

Perry Hoekstra
dutchman@mn.uswest.net