Re: [TCLUG:8088] Can anyone verify the contents of this email?

Well, they probably saw the announcement on /.:
Basically, in previous versions of NT (up to SP4), when the CryptoAPI
Services were loaded, they first checked the MS key provided, and then
checked another key, but there was not really any way of proving whose the
other key was because all of the symbols had been stripped.  In the
version which SP5 provides, the symbols were not stripped, and the second
key is named "_NSAKEY" (the MS key is named "_KEY").  Both of these keys
can be replaced, but replacing "_KEY" kills Windows (this is part of
the security subsystem).  If you replace "_NSAKEY", then the NSA can not
access your system.  It may also be possible to put a different backdoor
key in there.

The cryptonym site is:
http://www.cryptonym.com/hottopics/msft-nsa.html

Another note on that site is that Win2k has three keys, MS, NSA, and a
third, unknown party.

-Chris