setting up PnP modem

Hi everyone,

I'm in Winona this weekend at my father-in-law's house. I'm trying to get
Mandrake 6 going on his machine. He's got a 33.6 USR Sportster PnP modem.
When Mandrake boots, it reports that it's 'Setting up ISA PNP devices.' Is
it really doing that? I don't need to mess around with isapnptools?

Also, when I try to run 'kppp' to connect to his ISP, it reports that the
modem is busy. I put in all the correct settings (e.g., /dev/ttyS1), but
it doesn't work. I've never had to mess around with PnP before. Does
anyone have a hint here?

-Tim

--
Timothy Wilson       | "The faster you  |  Check out:
Henry Sibley H.S.    |  go, the shorter | http://slashdot.org/