Re: [TCLUG:8111] Realtime sound

Quoting schewe@tcfreenet.org:

> > Even when the system is under fairly light loads, the audio can skip
> quite
> > heavily (it gets really annoying after a while..)  Which brings me to
> my

Easy fix -- Don't run ESD.  Usually when your sound is skipping with ESD it
means you dont have enough resources to do what your doing.  Try it with good
old normal OSS sound.  If it still skips and you know you have enough cpu (ie, a
k6-2/400) try to move the card's irq/dma and try again.. Also.. the audiopci
(es1371) cards are cheap and are a great way to reduce your isa traffic (which
can suck some clock cycles.)  pci is superior in memory transfer, and 44.1khz
stereo from mp3 is pretty nasty stuff to xfer.

(not like some scsi cd burners though.)

Seeya.

---
Scott Dier - dieman@ringworld.org - 612.494.6664
destiny.ringworld.org admin - ringworld.associates member
"HP Calculators used something called 'Reverse Polish Notation.'
 You entered the two numbers and *then* you pressed the function you
 wanted"  "Ahh...Kind of like the way Yoda talks." -User Friendly