Re: [TCLUG:8127] Which terminal emulation?

You really ought to be using SSH for at least it's ability to act as a
secure telnet (not to mention the dozens of other handy applications).
That said, your problem is more with setting the initial environment.

To resolve your pickle, use the stty command to set up the terminal and do
away with some of the annoyances.  For example, to get rid of the annoying
backspace thing, enter in:
% stty erase <backspace>
Where <backspace> is the the backspace key.  The rest of the useful info
can be found on the stty man page.

Peter Lukas