Samba - In Reverse -- Update

I was unable to get the first part of Clay's instructions to work. It could
not find the configure executable.
I ran the 2nd part, which produce the following. It looks like I'm close,
but I can't figure out what
the NT box is complaining about.

Username = Bob
Linux Box name = PENGUIN
I setup a directory /mnt/nt-work
\\nt\work is a valid NT share on the network with permissions for anyone

Running the 2nd part of Clay's suggestion I get....

[root@penguin Bob]# smbmount //nt/work /mnt/nt-work
Added interface ip=10.123.123.2 bcast=10.123.123.255 nmask=255.255.255.0
Server time is Sun Sep 12 04:01:23 1999
Timezone is UTC-7.0
Session setup failed for username=BOB myname=PENGUIN destname=NT   ERRDOS -
ERRn
oaccess (Access denied.)
You might find the -U, -W or -n options useful
Sometimes you have to use `-n USERNAME' (particularly with OS/2)
Some servers also insist on uppercase-only passwords
[root@penguin Bob]#

Just as important, I tried to play with the syntax for the suggested U, W
and n options. This produced
a smb> prompt which I do not know how to exit from. I tried all sorts of
things and finally had to restart
the system. Anyone know where I landed to get this prompt and how to get
out of it.

Again, thanks for the help everyone. I really appreciate it.

Bob

PC4U
Telephone  (612) 941-2192
Fax           (801) 327-5479