Re: [TCLUG:8294] VMware filesystem

On Wed, 15 Sep 1999, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

> thanks for the registry idea. I think that's what I'll do. have everyone's
> 'mydocs' (make it a DOS-friendly name) dir point to a SAMBA share on the
> office fileserver.

I've currently got everyone's HOME directories pointing to the file
server.  You can do the same thing.  If you incorporate roaming
profiles, you'll see the My Docs and desktop settings (all the
personall settings) in the designated profile directory.  It is a
setup used in NT Server's User Manager for Domains.  You can probably
use the prolicy editor in Windows to hack directory locations, too.
As long as you make your RAID directory part of your Samba share and
make your profiles directory and home directories under that, you're
set.

Later!

    ^chewie

| Chad Walstrom           mailto:chewie@wookimus.net |
| ICQ: 9985127           http://wookimus.net/~chewie |
 Need a new truck?  Check out my '97 Explorer 2-door
   Sport at http://wookimus.net/~chewie/truck.html