From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <carls@agritech.com>
To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org <tclug-list@mn-linux.org>
Date: Friday, September 17, 1999 5:14 AM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:8331] K7s available

>Any word on dual k7's?
        only SMP news I've heard on K7s was HotRail's announcement (just b4
the K7 came out) of an 8-way chipset & mobo they're working on.
        this of course begs the question, what do you *do* with such a
monstrosity? (other than frivolous things like running an RC5 cracker at
serveral MKeys/sec; or running a "flight simulator" on your root window,
across 3 screens at ~3800x1024, with a fully raytraced landscape [see
http://www.enlightenment.org/screenshots.html; and imagine some of the big
ones at the bottom, with an animated "fly-around" background])
        I suppose you could do run an entire workgroup on it; then when
everyone has gone home for the night, play Quake on it. :)

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator 307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA Buffalo, MN
carls@agritech.com (612) 682-1091