Re: [TCLUG:8344] StarOffice config

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've got StarOffice installed on my system, but I can't figure out how to
> reconfigure printing. Do I need to run it as root to have the proper
> permissions? Anyone tried this?
>
> -Tim

The install wrapper script I use places a .Xpdefaults file in the newly-
installed user's home directory.  They can then edit this by hand, and it
becomes their personal "configuration."

Otherwise, if you want to make changes it seems to depend on what level you
want to address.  The user display can be changed with .Xpdefaults, but
the printer config files are AFAIK only root-edit, if you want to change
things like resolution, duplexing, etc.

BTW, I noted that the default page size is A4.  According to newsgroup
wisdom, the only way to get around this is to edit A4 out of a given
config (xp3/ppds) file entirely, so that it no longer appears as an option.

Hope that helps.

Adios,
Chris
--