Re: [TCLUG:8359] Other options than DSL or Cable

Quoting NanTu (tuxxx005@tc.umn.edu):
> Hi All:
>
>     I live in an area where DSL is not available. Cable modem is only one
> way(download). I am interested in finding out what are other options for
> high speed internet access.  My modem can only connects at: 34000-38000 from
> my home. I believe that the phone line quality is not good.
>     ISDN is available. What else is a good choise?
>     My budget is about $60/month +-$10. The best is to get highspeed for
> upload and download if possible.

You can try Covad/Onvoy they use IDSL, which can go further then ADSL, but
they are pricy. Last time I called, it was $160/month plu $200 for hardware.

Most ISPs, including Real Time charge around $25/month for 64K ISDN. USWest
has changed their site around, so I do not know what the link costs are, but I
think they it is around $45/month?

--
Bob Tanner <tanner@real-time.com>       | Phone : (612)943-8700