From: ^chewie <chewie@guinness.urw.org>
To: tclug-list@mn-linux.org <tclug-list@mn-linux.org>
Date: Monday, September 20, 1999 7:21 AM
Subject: Re: [TCLUG:8342] Multiple Ethernet

On Fri, 17 Sep 1999, Brian J. Ackermann wrote:

> Ok, here's the problem...
>
> Multiple ethernet, one 3C509 and one 3c590(950?? 10/100 vortex at
> any rate...).
>
> Both cards are registered by the kernel.  Networking setup is as
> follows...
>
> ISDN
>
> Router feeds 14 static IPs internally, and a Class C of 192.168.6
> from our ISP(dont ask why...I didn't set it up...)
>
> I plug both cards into a hub which connects to a pair of switches,
> which simply connects to the router, so all of the IP, static and
> NAT are available to every machine in the network, just assigned
> based on our needs.
>
> The multiple ethernet machine plugs into this network, and reads
> off the internet just fine.  I can browse, ftp, outside all I
> like....
>
> But, I cannot hit a machine inside the router for anything.  I
> can't see them, and they can't see me.

Yep.  You probably don't have IP Forwarding enabled.  You might alwo
want to check and see whether you've enabled firewalling on your
gateway machine.  In all actuallity, you've only given physical info
on your network.  We really don't know what you've done on the
gateway.

Later!

    ^chewie

| Chad Walstrom           mailto:chewie@wookimus.net |