Re: [TCLUG:8427] mod_frontpage

On Tue, Sep 21, 1999 at 10:59:41AM -0500, Jon Schewe (schewe@tcfreenet.org) wrote:
> > Anyone using the mod_frontpage for Apache?
> >
> > One of our last standouts for getting rid of NT complete at Real Time is
> our
> > clients need(?) for frontpage. The crap from Microsoft was full of
> security
> > holes and a kludge.
> >
> They don't NEED it.  Just tell them to access it with ftp.  Frontpage can do
> that just fine.  They will just have a local copy of their site, and when
> it's how they want it, they hit publish and it's there.

You need it if you want to support Front Page Extensions.  And if
people use Front Page to create their sites, more than likely they've
included a few of the front page extensions (form submissions, etc)
which need to be supported on the web server in order to work.

--
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500